The PTA recognises the importance of parents’ participation on the learning journey of their teens. We believe we can complement and enhance the roles of parents in the following ways:
- Engagement – The PTA serves as a networking platform for parents to provide mutual support while connecting with the school.
- Enrichment – The PTA is also a platform for parents to improve their parenting skills so they can better understand and support their teens.
- Support – The PTA supports the school in providing RVians with a holistic education.
- Engagement – Membership 3-Step Awareness Programme, Annual General Meeting, EXCO Meetings, Members Gatherings and Parent-Teen Bonding Activities.
- Enrichment - Parenting Talks and Workshops, High Achievers and EL & CL Sharing Session.
- Support – RV Healthy Lifestyle Month, Sports Carnival, Teachers’ Day, Supper for Year 6 Night Study Programme.
Official PTA Website
The official PTA website is at https://sites.google.com/a/rvhs.edu.sg/rvhpta
Parents in Education (PiE)
Mr Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Education, launched the Partnerships Resource Pack and the Parents in Education (PiE) website at the MOE Workplan Seminar on 12 Sep 2012.
Parents may look to the Parents in Education (PiE) website for resources to help them better support the education and development of their children. It contains articles on parenting tips, educational news, information on the school curriculum, and resources for parents to support their children’s learning at home.
Please click here to access the PiE website.